"Nemo"
I forgot about a funny thing Raelyn said while eating at Trace Inn (which I mentioned in my previous post). Jackson and I both ordered catfish and I asked her if she wanted any of it. She said yes so I gave her a piece of my fish. She took a bite, then spit it out and said "I don't like that" then looked at me and said "Is that Nemo?" We cracked up laughing!! She loves the movie Finding Nemo (I think Jackson and I can both recite the movie), so it was funny that she associated the fish she was eating with the fish in the movie!
"The House"
For those that don't know, we are building a house!! It started last fall when we had a company frame the house and complete the exterior. Jackson is completely finishing the entire interior himself (with the help of family). He works all day then goes out and works on the house all evening! The drywall is almost completely hung so hopefully he will get a little bit of a break while someone finishes it for us. Here is a picture of the outside taken right before Christmas.
The reason I mention the house is because it leads to my next story. This week we have had some wicked storms. We currently live in a metal pole barn behind the house so one night when there were tornado warnings, we woke up the girls and carried them out to the house to ride out the storm in the basement. Jackson was outside watching the storm and suddenly came in and said "Let's get the girls and go out to the house." I threw on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, put Reghan in her carseat and put blankets over the seat while Jackson wrapped Raelyn up in a couple of blankets. In the couple minutes that it took for us to do this, the wind picked up drastically and the rain was almost sideways. We have a tiny walkway made out of small strips of plywood between the house and barn, and it was pretty much all under water. We finally made it out to the house and settled in the basement. There was no damage and luckily no tornado, but it was definitely something to remember!!!
"Moby Wrap"Thank goodness for whoever invented the Moby Wrap!! This wrap is basically one really really long piece of stretchy fabric. It comes with instructions on how to wrap it around your body and it creates a little pocket for a baby to curl up in. I've been using this since Reghan was about 2 weeks old and it is the only way I get any house work done most days!! Reghan LOVES to be held and as soon as I put her in the wrap she is out like a light!! I also have been wearing this while doing grocery shopping with both girls. I can wear Reghan and Raelyn can sit in the cart...it works out great!!!
My 10 year journey with lupus
9 years ago
1 comments:
Oh I have been wanting to get one of these after #2 comes along. We have a regular sling, but have heard from so many people these are better to have when you have #2 as they keep both of your hands free!
Post a Comment