On Tuesday, Jackson called me around 3pm as we were headed out the door for cheerleading practice. He said "Where are you taking me for dinner?" I was a little stumped because we NEVER go out to eat during the week (or the weekend really). Jackson works all day then comes home eats quickly then goes out to the house to work more until 8 or 9!! So when he asked me where we were going out to eat I was very surprised. I said, "I don't know, I don't think this has ever happened before!". After returning from practice, I decided that we could go to Red Hill State Park and eat at Trace Inn. We haven't been there to eat in over 10 years. I think the last time we were there was when we ate there before prom one year!!
It was the perfect choice! We were seated right away and Raelyn behaved throughout dinner. After we sat down, I looked around the room and told Jackson that we were the youngest couple by about 40 years! :) After dinner we went and walked around a little bit and Raelyn got to play on the really nice playground equipment. It was a great surprise family date night!!
An after dinner stroll with daddyWhile I was in the car feeding Reghan before we went in the restaurant, Jackson took Raelyn down to the lake to see the water and some geese. This goose was friendly, but there was one mommy goose that was trying to protect her nest and let Jackson and Raelyn know that they were getting too close!!
Daddy spotted some M&Ms at the register when paying for dinner so he bought a package for Raelyn.
My 10 year journey with lupus
9 years ago
1 comments:
Awe! Love this post! Makes me homesick too. We've eaten at the Trace Inn a few times as well. I have a photo of Brian and Emma and my brother Wes down by the water with the geese too.
What a beautiful family fun night!
Post a Comment