For Father's Day, I surprised Jackson by singing a song for him at church with a slide show of pictures of him and the girls playing. He is such an amazing father that I wanted to honor him with this tribute! Jackson is an incredibly hard worker. He gets up at 5am every day, works all day, comes home then most evening works out on our new house. Even though his To Do list is incredibly long and he is incredibly tired, he still makes sure that he spends time with the girls.
I changed the words of the song to fit a dad with two little girls. Somehow I managed to make it through the song without crying, but I know there were lots of flat notes because I was holding back tears! I did not look up from the podium because I KNEW that one look at anyone crying would send me over the top. There were lots of people crying too!
Also, a BIG THANK YOU to my friend Bev Knaup for putting this video together! She spent time putting the pictures with the song so that I could share it on the blog! Thanks Bev!
My 10 year journey with lupus
9 years ago
1 comments:
Such a beautiful family! What a wonderful tribute for Father's day! Only wish I could have heard you sing.
Post a Comment