Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fun Times

Raelyn has been making this funny face lately where she scowls. Sometimes she does it for fun with Jackson and I, but when she encounters people she doesn't know she will give them this look (then sometimes cry). We've been making this face back at her and she will start laughing, but keep trying to make the face. A few days ago, she couldn't figure out how to make the face when she was really trying to, so she would just scrunch up her face. She's now figured out what muscles to use, so when we make this face she will give it back. It's really funny because she will scowl then giggle, then scowl then giggle.
Apparently the package of paper towels is a very entertaining piece of equipment.
She laughed like crazy after falling off of the paper towels!


Last weekend we went to Midway Village in Rockford. Rockford is where sock monkeys were invented and the Midway Village was having Sock Monkey Days. You could make your own sock monkey, which we didn't do because it would take 2 hours (plus Raelyn already has a sock monkey).
Midway Village has other historical exhibits. Here is a Ford Model T that looks just like one that Jackson's dad has.
OUR FIRST WALK OF THE YEAR!!! Today was so nice that Raelyn and I decided to go for a walk. Here she is in her shades! We also went to the park across the street and used the swings.
Here is the outcome of my failed attempt at painting with pudding. On Saturday Jackson had to work until noon, so I thought a fun activity would be to paint with chocolate pudding.....bad idea! Raelyn wouldn't put her hands in it, even after I was playing in it, so I decided to put both of her hands in it and she just screamed!!!

0 comments: