It's hard to believe that Reghan is 18 months already! She is SO SO SO much fun. Her vocabulary is exploding and she recently started putting 2 words together, and occasionally 3 words, "Where sissy at?" She LOVES to read books and she read books in the morning after waking up, before nap, and before bed. I just love it. It is so fun to see her learn new words every day!! Her favorite food is still fruit, but she hasn't been a big eater lately.
Reghan has definitely gotten taller! She grew 1.5 inches since her 15 month appointment and you can tell. She is starting to look tall and slim, which means she is losing her cute arm and thigh rolls :( She weighed 22.4 pounds (40th percentile) and was 32 inches tall (60th percentile). Her hair is starting to grow in the back and we can do little pig tails (like in the picture above).
Raelyn caught a white bunny at the county fair last week so Reghan's new favorite thing to do is play with bunnies - yes, I said bunnies. We had to buy a cage for the bunny Raelyn caught and they were giving away bunnies so Raelyn said we needed a bunny for Reghan. Reghan says bunny in such a cute way also and gets SO excited when we let them loose.
Raelyn update:
Raelyn had her tonsils removed 2 weeks ago and has recovered very nicely. They were removed because they were so large they were obstructing her breathing, especially at night. She is sleeping much better (no snoring!!) and I can already tell she seems more rested and less irritable (bonus!!). It was rough for few days, but she is doing great!
Mommy and Daddy update:
Jackson and I went to Chicago for a couple days and the girls stayed with grandparents. It was SO nice to spend time together. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we spent most of the weekend outside enjoying the weather. We watched Blue Man group, got a massage, went to the driving range, went in the Hancock Tower at night, ate some awesome food, played pool, and had a great time. We walked about 10 miles and our legs are so sore! I couldn't believe how sore we were given that we are both pretty active!
I will be teaching classes at Eastern Illinois University starting August 15th! I am SO SO excited about it. This fall I will be teaching 2 graduate courses for school psychology students and 1 undergraduate class. I will also be teaching 1 graduate course at Indiana State University for their school psychology program. I must be crazy -- my first semester teaching college classes and I have 3 graduate courses and 1 undergrad course! It will be busy, but I couldn't be happier!
Jackson is starting to get the itch to finish the basement. As we were building the house he did most of the time-consuming work in the basement already, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting. He needs to put stone of the fireplace, do wood trim and doors, flooring and the drop ceiling still. He is also going to build a little house for our new bunnies. Jackson is such a workaholic! He works SO hard all day long then comes home and wants to work more!
I
0 comments:
Post a Comment