We carved pumpkins with Raelyn for the first time this week. Last year we bought pumpkins to carve, but the enormous squirrels at our house in Rockford nibbled away at the pumpkins so we never got to carve them. This year, however, we had alot of fun carving pumpkins!!
Here is Raelyn with one of the pumpkins before we started. She did a great job digging out all the seeds and other goopy stuff inside.
Here I am with my failed attempt at trying a new carving technique. I saw a picture in a magazine where instead of cutting through the entire pumpkin, a thin layer was left on the inside so that when the candle was lit inside the pumpkin glowed. It looked SO cool in the magazine!!! Well, in real life it wasn't so easy. Jackson let me use his Dremel tool to carve away and leave the thin wall on the inside. I was COVERED in orange and yellow flakes and pulp. My face and arms were stained and I had to really scrub to get it all off!! Despite the mess, it didn't work out like it was supposed to. After all of that work I ended up carving the pumpkin like normal. :) Oh well, I tried!
Mommy's, Raelyn's and Daddy's hands
We also did a jack o' lantern - with a happy face of course!
My 10 year journey with lupus
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment